Sold Out Event
Missed it? Browse live shows now!Find Events
Secrets of the Red Lantern - A Chinatown Night Tour
The lantern beckoned him. The new ah ku was pretty, fresh from Canton. High on opium, he made his way unsteadily towards the gas-lit brothel.
In 1887, Chinatown's brothels were as many and as close together as the teeth of a comb. Together with opium and gambling dens, it was sin city. It is no accident that Chinatown was also known as Bu Ye Tian - The Place of Nightless Days. Discover vice and tragedy in the shadows of Chinatown by night. Then ride a bus across to venture with us down the streets and alleys of Geylang where entertainment, in its rawest form, is still practiced today. Tread with us as we go where many men have gone before!
- Discover vice and tragedy in the shadows of Chinatown by night.
- Venture into back alleys for classic behind-the-scenes surprises - not to be missed.
- Be thoroughly mesmerized by the Food Street scene, just as it was in its hey days.
- Walk along Club Street - literally one of the trendiest clubbing areas of Singapore - and soak in the buzz.
- Ride a bus across to colorful Geylang - a designated Red Light District.
- Explore selected streets for a peek into the night life of Singapore's "East End."
- Cancellation Policy
No refunds available after purchase.
- Good To Know
- You are advised to wear comfortable shoes, bring an umbrella or poncho, and a bottle of water.
- Private tour available at different rates. Please inquire.
- After Geylang the coach will return you to Chinatown.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
This itinerary is available on the day indicated only but feel free to check the alternatives on the schedule below. The local operator runs other walks with the same focus on history and heritage and the same principle of taking you to places most other tours don't
Monday:The Time of Empire™ A Colonial District Walk
Tuesday:Red Clogs Down the Five Foot Way™ A Chinatown Walk
Wednesday:Dhobis, Saris & a Spot of Curry™ A Little India Walk
Wednesday:Through Fog and Fire - Singapore 1942™ A Changi Museum War Trail
Thursday:Sultans of Spice™ A Kampong Glam Walk
Thursday:The Tipple Exchange™ A Boat Quay-Singapore River Walk
Friday: Secrets of the Red Lantern™ A Chinatown & Geylang Night Tour
Saturday:Changi WWII™ A Changi Museum War Trail
- How Does It Work
You will receive voucher via email, please follow the instructions on it.
- What's Included
- English-speaking licensed guide
- Coach-guided tour
- Performance Times
Friday at 18:00
- Where Do I Go
Chinatown MRT Station